Facebook is an everyday tool for almost everyone, especially teenagers, but did you know that there are quite a lot of neat tips that will allow us to make use of Facebook even more? In this Quick Tips, we are going to have a look at a few of those Tips. Feel free to Share with your friends.
1) Group video calls : You are required to have the latest version of the app for Android or iOS to experience this feature.To make a group video call just open a group conversation and tap the phone icon at the top of the screen. You can also view a log of your previous phone calls by opening the Phone tab on the Messenger home screen.
2) Secret inbox : All the messages from unknown people do not go to your usual inbox, therefore you do not get notifications about them. These messages go to a secret inbox which gives you the option to either ignore or confirm the message request.
3) Share Dropbox files: You can now share your Dropbox files via Facebook messenger. You should have the Dropbox app installed on your phone. In a Messenger chat tap the ‘More’ button and Dropbox should appear as an available resource Tap that option browse your Dropbox directory without leaving the appsend videos and images and these will be displayed in the chat.
4) Share music with Spotify: To use Spotify with Messenger you and your recipient must both have the free app installed on your phone. To share songs over Facebook Messenger, open a conversation on Messenger tap the three dots icon below the message which is the More menuscroll down to and select Spotify which will then launch on your phone Search for a song, elect it press Send.
5) Balloon Trick: Facebook has added another emoji trick to its Messenger chat app. If someone you know is celebrating a birthday or other event, you can now send them a message that has seen balloons fly up the screen.
6) Play basketball with friends: Simply send a friend a Basketball emoji and tap on the message to activate the game. The game is simple to play too – swipe the basketball towards the hoop and for every ball you get through the hoop, you get a point.
7) Play chess with friends: Type @fbchess play in-chat and a board should appear, prompting your friend to go first.
Selection of pieces are as follows :
K = king
R = rook
Once you’ve selected your piece, add the letter and number representing the space you want to move it to. e.g: @fbchess Qe3 to move your King to D3.
8) Mute notifications: Head to the options in the group chat and mute notifications for a decided period of time ranging from 15 minutes up to 24 hours. If you don’t want to ever receive notifications from a certain person or group, this can also be done via the same menu by selecting ‘Until I turn it back on’.
9) Change the size of thumbs up: Just tap and hold the thumbs up icon to enlarge the thumbs up to a size of your choice.
10) Share your location: Tap the location icon just above the keyboard to share your location. If you don’t see the location icon on your top tray above your keyboard, simply tap the menu button and tap ‘Location’.
11) Give friends nicknames: Simply tap on the person’s name tap ‘Nickname’ enter the desired nickname.
12) Messenger as a boarding pass: Provided you select the option when you book your tickets, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines now lets you use Facebook Messenger to receive flight info updates, and you can even use it as your boarding pass. KLM will automatically set up the Messenger thread and send over any information relevant to your flight.
That’s it for this Quick Tips. Do you have any other tips to share? Drop a comment and let me know.