Back in June 2019 Apple announced that a brand new Mac Pro would go on sale this autumn. That’s just over two years after Apple said it would start selling a new Mac Pro, and six years after introducing the previous version of the professional-grade Mac. Now Apple is alerting interested parties to the news that the new Mac Pro will be available to order today – 10 December 2019.
You can now order Mac Pro from Apple’s online store. While prices start at $5,999, the Mac Pro gets expensive rather quickly as you add more SSD storage, a more powerful processor, additional RAM, and more.
With all upgrade available you can currently configure a build-to-order Mac Pro that costs $52,599. Here is what that price gets you:
You can currently configure a build-to-order Mac Pro that costs $52,599. Here is what that price gets you:
- Processor: 2.5 GHz 28‑core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz
- Memory: 1.5 TB (12 x 128 GB) of DDR4 ECC memory
- Storage: 4 TB SSD storage
- Graphics: Two Radeon Pro Vega II Duo with 2 x 32 GB of HBM2 memory each
- Apple Afterburner Card
- Stainless steel frame with wheels
Here are some bench marks took from Apple’s online store.
There will also be two new graphics card options for the Mac Pro “soon.”
- Radeon Pro W5700X with 16 GB of GDDR6 memory
- Two Radeon Pro W5700X with 16 GB of GDDR6 memory each
You can configure your Mac Pro on Apple’s website now — just make sure to request an Apple Card credit limit increase first.