M9 Snapshot builds of CM 11 are being pushed to servers now, according to a blog post from the folks over at CyanogenMod. There are quite a bit of changes and it is based on Android 4.4.4.
Milestone builds are usually more stable than Nightlies, so you should give it a try if it’s available for your device. Not every phone and tablet that gets a nightly build will get the M9 treatment, especially if the managers are having trouble with any particular hardware or software issues. So check here, and see whether it is available for your device. If you’re going to flash this, Don’t forget to flash the Gapps to get the Google Apps.
The Key thing about this version is the additional support for the Sony Xperia Z2 and Z2 Tablet, as well as the HTC One (M8).
Here’s the Official Changelog,
• Themes support for additional UI elements
• Heads Up Notifications – Bug Fixes
• Lockscreen – Allow doubletap to sleep when using secure keyguard
• Torch – Improve performance
• Safe Headset Volume – prompt when interfering with 3rd party device (Jawbone, Square, etc)
• Center clock support
• Quick Settings – respect locale changes on additional tiles
• Proximity Wake-Up support – prevent accidental wake-up of device by checking to see if proximity sensor is blocked (eg. Device is in a bag or pocket).
• Spam notification filtering – Set notifications to auto-ignore based on content (perfect for those pesky games that want you to ‘Save 20% on our new game’). Long-press offending notification to set as ignored; manage in Privacy settings.
• Settings Search – Additional improvements and highlighting
• Data Usage Info – Add support for CDMA devices without sim cards
• Bluetooth – Add additional A2DP profiles
• Bluetooth – Disable AVRCP 1.5 by default (fixes various car unit compatibility)
• Email – Fix saving attachments to storage for POP3 accounts
• Translations (Thanks CM Crowdin Team!)
• Account for Play Services induced wake-locks
• Fix encryption on some LG Devices
• Dialer – add support for Korean and Chinese to smart-dialer
So are you going to flash this? Let us know down below in the comments section.
Source – Cyanogenmod