Manufactured by Intrinsyc, the Mobile Development Platform Tablet (MDP/T) is meant to offer app and game developers early access to the processor that will power most high-end Android devices coming in the second part of the year. To accommodate any possible usage, the 10-inch tablet is packed with features, and some of them are quite exotic.
Its Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor combines four mighty Krait 450 cores running at up to 2.7GHz each. And the graphics department is seen to by an Adreno 420 GPU which happens to be the first mobile processor to offer geometry shaders and hardware tessellation for amazing 3D graphics.
A Hexagon QDSP6 V5A (600MHz) DSP chip is there to make sense of the data from the sensors and also 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM, and 64GB eMMC 5.0 storage.
The MDP/T comes also with dual front 3D infrared cameras that can recognize gestures and a 13MP rear camera capable of recording 4K content,sounds gooooood!, And there are seven…i repeat “SEVEN!” microphones used for surround sound audio recording and they also have a neat party trick – recognizing input from an ultrasound emitting stylus.
In the video above at the 1:00 mark, You can see that Qualcomm’s Fluence Pro technology lets users write on any surface using a special stylus, and the movement of the tip of the stylus is accurately transmitted to the tablet in real time. this seems to be the handiwork of the Israeli company EPOS that Qualcomm accquired in 2012.
The Snapdragon 805 development tablet also comes with a fingerprint scanner, hardware-based HEVC (H.265) video decoding, dual-band two stream Wi-Fi, and 7.1 channel playback speakers. The battery is a just 3,400 mAh, but that’s because the device is meant to be used on a desk, plugged in an AC source, rather than on the go.
Android OEMs probably won’t implement all of these features in their Snapdragon 805-based smartphones and tablets coming from this summer. But Qualcomm’s development platform does give us an idea of the performance and features of mobile devices six months from now.
For the geeky ones, heres the full specs sheet
Snapdragon 805 (8084) Processor
- Quad Krait 450 cores running at up to 2.7 GHz per core
- Adreno™ 420 GPU with support for geometry shaders and hardware tessellation
- Hexagon™ QDSP6 V5A (600MHz)
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi® 2.5GHz/5GHz
- Bluetooth® 3.1, 4.0/LE, GPS, NFC
- 10.06” WQHD (2560×1440p) IPS 16:9 display with true multi-touch 10-finger capacitive touch screen
- 3GB LPDDR3
- 64GB eMMC 5.0
- Rear: 13 MP with flash (1080p, 60 fps)
- Front: 2 MP (1080p, 60 fps)
- Dual 3D gesture cameras with IR LED
- 3D accelerometers
- 3-axis gyro
- 3-axis magnetometer (compass)
- Ambient light sensor
- Temperature and pressure sensors
- Ambient humidity sensor
- Surround-sound stereo speakers
- Headset with ANC support
- 7 mics for Fluence™ Pro, ultrasound pen and gestures
- Ultrasound emitter for gestures
- 7.1 channel Dolby Digital Plus or DTS audio playback
- 5.1 channel surround sound recording
- Android 4.4 (Kit Kat)
- Fingerprint scanner
- Power on/off
- Home button
- Screen rotation lock switch
- Reset (press and hold the Power button for at least 3 seconds)
- Micro SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (OTG)
- Micro HDMI (Type D)
- 3.5 mm headset jack with ANC support
- DC-in (charging)
- MicroSD card slot (covered)
- 3400 mAh battery
- 8GB microSD card
- HDMI cable
- USB 3.0 cable
- AC adapter (3.0A)
If you are a Developer or if you absolutely positively MUST have it then you can have it for 799$ from Intrynsic’s website
Stay tuned for more..